Saturday, May 2, 2009

Busy Saturday


My Saturday began at 5:30 am.  The Annapolis Valley Honor Choir was asked to sing at the Eastern Canadian Tumbling and Trampoline Championship at Acadia University.  You can see the choir in the white t-shirts in the bleachers.  I will try and get a better picture tomorrow when they sing for the 'Stars of the Festival' closing of the Annapolis Valley Music Festival.  Anna is a part of this 60 member youth choir and they perform at different functions throughout the year.  We didn't stay for any of the competition (which looked like it was going to be quite good).  There were 107 athletes from Quebec, 88 from Ontario, 36 from Nova Scotia and 4 from New Brunswick.  I imagine the bulk of the medals went to Upper Canada!!  After the choir sang, we set off for Halifax.  We met up with my 3 sisters and their families and my Dad for lunch at the Steak & Stein in Dartmouth.  It was good to reconnect with them and catch up with my sister Sheila who moved back to beautiful NS last year.  My Dad turns 83 this year and as I think back on my 'growing up' years, I am so thankful for his faithfulness to his family.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these pictures Mom! I'm sure it must have been so nice for Grampy to have you all there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice photo! It must be great having all the sisters in the maritimes again:)

    ReplyDelete