Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Musings

My Sarah girl turned 18 this week. Where have 18 years gone? It just seems like yesterday that she joined our family on a blustery day in March. We welcomed another girl with open arms and hearts and our circle of love just grew larger.
Sarah and her favorite cherry cheesecake.

 Amused with Anna's gift.

We bought her a birthstone ring and Mama wrote 'another' letter. 

Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God. 
Today the girls and I visited my baby sister's gravesite for the first time since her funeral in March of 2005. Seven years have passed and I still find it hard to believe that she is gone and that March still brings with it memories, sorrow, and the insistent question of why. Sarah had been wanting to go and today dawned clear and was a good day for driving. Sarah, Anna and I drove to Camperdown and I was able to locate the church yard where Wendy is buried. I wasn't sure I would remember exactly how to get there, but managed to find it without any problem. 
Wendy was the sister any family would love to have. She was generous, kind-hearted and loved with an amazing heart. All my girls were very blessed to have her in their lives. She cared for them and loved them as if they were her own. Wendy was a joy to be around with her quick wit and beautiful smile. I miss her so much and think of her often. 

The girls remembering their special Aunt Wendy. 

Thank-you, Anna for your great photography today. 

We then headed towards home but made a quick stop in picturesque Mahone Bay for some more photo ops for Anna.
Mama and Sarah - Mahone Bay - March 2012 

The often photographed three churches in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia.

A day of remembering, making new memories and getting in another spring road trip. Thanks girls!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mom,
    Great to see photos of your roadtrip. I'd love to go visit Wendy's gravesite sometime soon, it's been way too long.
    Did Anna get a new camera??
    Heather

    ReplyDelete